What is this study investigating:
This study is exploring an investigational intra-nasal medication for the treatment of depression (Major Depressive Disorder).
Why is this study being conducted:
There is a significant unmet medical need for rapidly acting treatment of subjects with severe major depressive disorder (MDD) who have not adequately responded to antidepressant therapy. Alternative therapies require weeks to achieve full efficacy, may have significant side effects, and still fail in a high percentage of subjects.
- 2-month study duration
- 13 in-person clinic visits
- Completers have the option of entering a long term treatment study
You may qualify if:
- You are over Age 18 to 64
- You are currently depressed
- You have not responded to your current anti-depressant (SSRI or SNRI) treatment