We collect and store no other information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide it.
- If you fill out our online form, we will have your personal contact information (phone, email address, etc.) if you provide it to us. We will receive no other information unless you provide it.
- If you visit our center for a potential research study and fill out a registration form, we will store all information provided to us on that form.
- Minor’s Privacy: While generally our research pertains to adults, we have been known to conduct studies involving minors and adolescents. While we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors, we do collect information with the consent of their parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our website. Any information collected from a child under 13 will be deleted from our records.
Information Disclosure Policy
CRC will not disclose, give, or transfer any personal information about our visitors unless it required for law enforcement reasons. Other possible instances where your information may be used include:
- Instances where select CRC staff members may need to see information that you have provided to research and send a response to you.
- Unless otherwise noted, we will enter your information into a confidential, secure electronic database and refer to it for future study notification.
Please Note: E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If you have sensitive information in your communication (personal information, SSN) you can send it by postal mail instead to:
Chicago Research Center, Inc.
3401 N. Central Avenue
Chicago, IL 60634
Sale of Corporate Assets
Chicago Research Center reserves the right to transfer its database to another legal entity as part of any sale or merger of Chicago Research Center, Inc with that entity. Any entity that would acquire CRC’s data will do so with express written commitment to use the data only for authorized purposes and only if the entity maintains a similar level of privacy and information security protection. Any change in ownership or uses of your personal information will be noted as such on our website and you will also be notified.
When and How We May Contact You
When you register with the CRC, or complete a prequalification questionnaire associated with a trial, you indicate your consent for us to store your Personal Information in our database and contact you about clinical trials for which you may be eligible by various means, including telephone, email, mobile SMS and US mail. You also have the option of receiving emails regarding new postings to our site, including news or new clinical trials. In addition, we may contact you periodically when we have provided new functionality to our website, so that you may take advantage of the new services. Providing a telephone number constitutes your consent for CRC to contact you at that number for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
The medical information on our website is not intended to take the place of consultation or treatment from healthcare professionals. It is also not intended to substitute for relationships with a user’s own healthcare provider.
Chicago Research Center gives people the option to opt out of methods of communication and the option of having their information removed from our database. Options for excluding one’s self from individual forms of communication include, but are not limited to, clicking on the “Unsubscribe” option on our emails, replying to our SMS messages indicating that you do not wish to be text messaged or indicating that you do not wish to be called. If you want your information to be completely removed from our database, please email [email protected] and indicate that you would like your information to be deleted from our database. You may also email or call us at any time to indicate if you would not like to be contacted by any specific method without having your personal information removed from the database.